Sunday 13 May 2012

BA3: Material & Rendering Fundamentals


Conclusion
This project I didn’t enjoy half as much as the modeling process. I think this is a mixture  of not feeling like I had half as much tuition on rendering and texturing as I feel we needed and deserved and the lack of time we had left to complete it. 

Alas, after my internet being dead for the weekend that I had planned to use to render and light I was left to my own devices to light my model and render it which was a huge fail, in return I feel my door suffered because of it. 

I wanted to make the marble door and stairs shiny but I had no internet to look up guides on how to accomplish this. I also wanted to put patterned stone textures on the indents of the pillars, archway and stone detail but I ended up just making them all 1 stoney texture again because I couldn't look up the correct method of UV mapping. 

I do feel I got a basic grasp of UV mapping but I feel I need ALOT more practice. Having said this, I enjoyed the modeling more and need to determine where my interests lie so I know where to improve. I don't feel texturing is a part of this. 

My turn table was done very last minute but with the help of Stacey as I was unable to acess the correct help, guides and software to complete it myself. I am proud that I now know more about the render process but I wish I could of produced a longer lasting  turn table as mine is so fast.

 
 
Overall I did enjoy this project, just not as much as my modeling part. I want to keep trying at it to improve my skills as I do seem to enjoy 3D alot more than I tho
ught I would. I WANT to get good at it and I am proud of this piece of work as it is my first ever piece of work created from scratch in Maya. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment