Thursday 25 October 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #14


“Pretty” Pictures
So today I actually did some visual studies to better aid my crazy idea that I want to try and make some sort of monster in 3D. I have loads of visual stimulus that I will be posting on here so you guys can see what kind of monster I am going to try and build and just how it links in with our game. However, today was merely a day of studying artwork that is similar to that which I would like to create for my model. So, let’s not make this a stupidly wordy post like most of my posts, here’s the work! 

 
2 creature studies done in roughly 4 hours from artwork
created by Anthony Jones.
 (see below)


 
 I mainly used a variety of soft & hard charcoal plus a 2B pencil as I seem to have misplaced my pencil set
 -rage- 

 
The head shapes are quite different haha! However, I am happy with these as I haven't actually done any proper drawing (been working in 3D) for quite some time. I think for fairly quick studies they are good. I feel more confident now for when the time comes to design my own monster for our game, even though it will be worked on in 3D I will need a solid 2D concept design to follow so that I can successfully build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment