Friday 18 November 2011

Project 2: Apple Interactive Concept


IOS Game and Story Update 
I said previously that my story needed a re think for my game. I was in the process of deciding just what these changes were but I feel that I finally have something that I am happy with and will work better with the style of game I want this to be. 

Originally this was a game where a young boy wanders into a cave and finds a portal, this mysterious portal takes him to a world full of animals and creatures all of which he can ride through various levels and areas. Having done concept work for this game and having been thinking about it constantly, I realised I just wasn’t happy with the idea. I needed more simplicity and more structure. This story had structure but it wasn’t as simple as I had previously and initially thought. That is when I realised I needed to change my idea. Here is what I am now happy with (I think). 

Title: DINO RIDE 

Platform: IOS (but I guess it could also work on Android, PC, PS3 & Xbox)

Genre: Adventure

Players: Single player campaign and multiplayer race/time attack mode. 

Sypnopsis: DINO RIDE is a heart warming tale of a young boy, Deano, who dreams of befriending a kind dinosaur called Cito (pronounced see-tow). In these dreams, Cito needs Deanos’ help to find all the lost dino eggs.

The player will control Deano riding on Cito through a variety of different levels while trying to avoid any dangers. The player needs to collect time clocks scattered around every level to ensure that Deano doesn’t wake up from his dream before he has helped Cito find all the lost dino eggs. 

During levels there will be certain opportunities for Deano to jump off of Cito and ride other creatures who will take him to a special part of the level which would be inaccessible to Cito (in a similar environment though). These creatures will help Deano find more eggs for Cito.

Every level will have a specific amount of eggs to collect and will become increasingly harder as they progress giving the player less time to complete levels and find eggs. Players will also have to have a sharp eye to find the special extra creatures in some levels so that they can find all the eggs for that level. At the end of every level Deano and Cito will find 1 main egg which will allow them to pass through to the next level. Provided that the player collects enough time clocks throughout the level to keep Deano asleep and dreaming, the player will have enough time to reach the end and collect the egg. 

Levels will flow seamlessly from environment to environment as the player progresses through the game. Levels will be split up into sections that the player chooses from the level selection screen on their device. This gives players the chance to see how well they did on certain levels and whether they collected everything they could. Score will be based on how many eggs were collected, how quickly they get through the level, how many clocks they collect and if they find the “hidden” creature to ride on certain levels.

I have probably forgotten some key information and I will remember as soon as I hit "post". If that is the case, I will edit/do another update with the details so the story and idea of the game is clear. Please leave feedback if you have any opinions, thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment