Sunday 13 November 2011

Project 2: Apple Interactive Concept


Digital Painting 
Here is my first ever attempt at digital painting. It is the head model of my main character in my Apple Interactive Concept project ("the young boy").  I am pretty proud of the blending on the fair and around the face. I am using CS5 and a Wacom Bamboo tablet (I plan to upgrade to a Wacom Intuos medium asap). Also, my laptop doesn't have the best screen for digital painting, again, another thing I plan to upgrade soon. For now, it will all have to do. I am fairly proud of it anyway...see what you think, feedback is welcome!!

First Initial Sketch on Photoshop
 
Starting to Colour In on Photoshop

  Finished
I wanted to keep this as a quick sketch so I guess I could have sat for hours more perfecting the shading but as a first attempt I am proud of this. This little guy still needs a name which I am trying to come up with so again, if you have any ideas, please post them below, or if you have any tips or ideas on how to improve I would be grateful! This is the area I am really interested in (digital painting) and I just want to get better. I plan to try and design the final character design today from all my early concepts (shown in previous posts) and settle with one main character design so that I can move onto having at least 1 full drawing in Photoshop - not just a head! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment