Thursday 14 February 2013

BA5 Studio Project | Production #29


Texturing the Rest of my Book Shelf Assets



I have screen captured all the relevant parts of my asset texturing for  my blog to show the progress, as I have been focussing on this for the last week I haven't had time to blog and now I don’t have enough time to write use what exactly I was doing, either way here are the screen caps to show my progression.

I had to manually lighten my ambient occlusions because the originals were just too dark to even show a texture.


I then started to cut out my textures and block them into the correct areas of the UV’s.

  
Then I textured the photo frames. I was going to use actual photographs but decided to refer back to my game design document and use work that I had created (sanity notes and diary entries) which are taped to the photo frames. These would serve as collectables for the player to find. 

 
Finally I had the vase to texture, this wasn’t very hard at all as the UV’s were the most simple compared to the books and photo frames




The Textures
Because I used a large variety of free textures  i dont have the time or space to post them all here (you can see most of them in my screen caps anyway) I will, however, reference the websites that I used to download the textures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment