Friday 21 October 2011

Contextual Studies

Beginning GAD Contextual Studies... 
On Thursday 6th October our year group came together to start contextual studies. It was the 1st session and was fairly introductory, talking about what contextual studies would entail for the groups as the year progressed. We were divided into small randomised groups as per where we were sitting in the room and told to visualise, in our heads, a game we loved and explain it to the rest of our group. As we were all fairly nervous and still didn't know each other very well we all struggled to shut our eyes and talk our way through the game we were thinking about. To compensate, we were told to draw the game and how it works on paper and then show other people. This turned out to be much easier.

I chose Uncharted 2/3 and decided to use the multi player experience instead of the single player story. Uncharted 2 is my multi player of choice (well, it was before the beta/early access for the 3rd was released recently) and it was most fresh in my memory to describe/draw. We had to convey the feelings and emotions we experience during game play and how our bodies react to what happens. I used a mixture of charts, diagrams and words to best describe my personal experience whilst playing Uncharted 2 multi player.

Below I have posted the final drawing that I created (please excuse the half finished writing at the bottom of the page!) and also a video I found on www.YouTube.com which shows exactly what the matches are like. Please note the video is not mine, I am using it purely as an example of game play during multi player. 

"I'm going to play Uncharted 2 multi player. My friends are online playing and I feel so excited to play with them, we make an awesome team...we own.

Here is a link I found to show you  An example of an Uncharted 2 multi player match .It's not my own video, I just found it on YouTube but it is my favourite map and gives you something to go on when you see my diagram above (despite the diagram not being finished/to the end of the match). (Video by RichardPwns). To keep the contextual studies posts separate and easy to read/communicate I am going to publish this post then post a new one straight after. Otherwise this post will just be packed full of text and be a little too much to handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment