Monday 31 October 2011

Drawing Class

Life Drawing
I forgot to blog about my first ever life drawing class that I had last Wednesday. Unfortunately I didn't feel 100% comfortable with my drawing as I'm not used to standing up whilst working or working incredibly quickly (2 minutes per drawing). Having said this I thoroughly enjoyed it and understood why we were asked to do such a rapid task.

Am I happy with my final drawings? No, but then again I tend to take this attitude with my work. This was the first assigned academic drawing I have done in quite a while and whilst I was incredibly excited I also felt that I didn't produce as quality work as I know I am capable of. Still, it's all about learning and practicing which I am enthusiastic about.


Top: 30 minute drawing (I felt under pressure to make it look good, so I didn't get as much done as I could have done, having said that I was really concentrating on proportions which I feel are fairly accurate)
Bottom: 16 miniature a5 drawings all ranging from being done between 1 & 7 minutes. 

What did I Learn/Need to Work on?
  • Try to draw with clear and precise lines when drawing fast
  • Try to draw with a heavier style so that you can actually see what’s on the paper
  •  Get used to working fast and concisely
  • Work with proportions
  • Drawing from life
  • Working with charcoal
  • Working standing up 

No comments:

Post a Comment