Wednesday 14 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #28


Designing the Inventory
So, what have I been doing? The past week has seen me neglect my blog in favour of practical work. Gameplay so far has lead me through much more research and written based work  and I was getting sick of it, I needed to be creative. Especially following the email MC sent us stating the document should be more creatively inspired. 

Luckily gameplay does give me the room to be creative and produce practical work. As seen previously in my blog, I created a 3D asset design of Lianna’s camera. Something I’m actually pretty proud of! 

The next area I thought I would focus on was Distorted Deliriums inventory screen as there are quite a few crucial components the player finds in their inventory. Here is a run down of the elements the player finds:

Health Illustration

Psyche Gauge 

Items picked up/found

Fear Rating

Journal 

Torch Battery Level 

Description Box (an area where a text based description of the area highlighted in the inventory by the player will appear such as an item or their health)

Early Inventory Designs
Here are examples of the inventory I did quite early on. They include information which have since been removed from the inventory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment