Friday 16 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #34


Title Screen Continued…
Last night I posted the first stages of the title screen and today I posted the font I designed and finalised logo which would appear on the title screen. Well, I have now put the two together, added the title screen text and it’s now finished! Yay :D

Stage 7: Adding the Door
Here you can see I had added the other door so now the perspective leads the viewers eye down the corridor and into the room at the end where the bed will go. 


Stage 8: Blocking in the Bed
Making sure I stayed true to Olive’s bed designs, I began to block in the bed with basic colours. 

  
Stage 9: Adding the Spotlight
Distorted Delirium has a unique mechanic whereby the player can use beds to regain small amounts of health and psyche, so long as there is a light above the bed. The lights keep you safe and monsters cant get to you if there is a light, be warned, the light fades D: 

Anyway , here you can see I have put small detail onto the bed and coloured in/textured the frame, quilt, pillow and mattress. I then downloaded a new set of brushes which give me amazing light beam effects from here, http://fbrushes.com/light-beam-brushes/ and  tweaked some Photoshop settings to illuminate the bed and the light beams. 


Stage 10: Adding the Logo and Title Screen Text
Using a font I have on my computer, I wrote up the main options for the game when the player boots up the game and sees this title screen. They get the option to start a new game, continue their previous game, load an old game, view the various game options (audio, visual etc) and exit the game to desktop. 

  
Stage 11: Finished
After adding the game logo I designed and typing text to indicate the options on the screen, I flattened the image and added a vignette like effect by using a soft edge brush on low opacity and flow and then coloured in the edges black so that the focal point became the bed. I also added some more blood splatters to the walls and created a mist sweeping along the floor.

I am so happy with how this turned out! :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment