Thursday 15 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #32


Distorted Delirium’s Title Screen
This is the screen where the player finds themselves before launching into gameplay, the title screen. Today I began working on the title screen for the game. I already know what I want it to look like in my head so I am just working towards that goal. I am using textures as well as a variety of new PS brush’s I downloaded to give a truly gritty feel to the area. I am also trying to stay as close to Olive’s artworks as I can as to not ruin the mood/atmosphere of the images whilst also injecting my own style. Here is what I accomplished today, in various stages...
 
Stage 1: Rough Outline
I drew the basic lines for the design so I knew the perspective was correct. I also used a grey colour to block the entire canvas.


Stage 2: Blocking in Major Areas
I used different colours and tones to block out the major areas (the floor, walls and ceiling). 


Stage 3: Painting and Texturing
I used a variety of textures and new brushes that I downloaded to create the floor, ceilings and walls.  

 
Stage 5: Blocking in the Doorframe and Ceiling
I continued to texture and paint until I got the ceiling in, then I used a base grey colour to block out the initial shape of the doors and frame at the end of the hallway. I then painted over with detail and added textures, tweaking colours as I progressed.


 Stage 6: Where it’s at Currently
Not a tonne of difference from stage 5 to here but there are still subtle tweaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment