Friday 16 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #36


2:50AM o_o
I literally didn’t even notice the time, did someone just steal the last 4 hours from me?! I have been working hard like a trooper all day and I have now accomplished the first and second floor plan designs. They are complete, phew. They were a lot tougher than I thought, they took longer too apparently *looks at the time…* 

A  mixture of team talk and Spyro the Dragon music has helped me stay continuously motivated with this work! I guess I’m really lucky that I’m enjoying this unit it so much! So where did I start? I drew a few very rough sketches in my sketchbook, influenced by the previous research blog images. I then moved into Photoshop and started to assemble the shapes for each floor that I had designed. 

At first I was going to just leave it black and white, then I added some colour, but all of this looked wrong. I ended up abusing textures again but I loved the final result, the designs just reeked of Distorted Delirium! Here is where I am at.
 
First & Second Floor Line Designs
Basic line drawn designs for the first and second floor of the museum.

  
Experimenting With Colour for Layout
I moved onto considering how to present these floor plans, my first ideas was to colour code possible rooms. Here is the outcome.  


 
Disliked the Colour Code
Colour coding made sense but it just didn’t have that distorted feeling that all the other work associated with our game has, that gritty, un even and dark atmosphere. Even though this was only floor plan, I wanted it to fit in especially as the design document is going to follow suit. A bright colourful floor plan just wasn’t cutting it. So I brought out the textures once again and just had a bit of an experiment. 

Luckily, the outcomes were awesome and I was very pleased. All I have to do now (after I actually go to bed for a few hours) is complete the third floor plan, the basement plan and Lianna’s house plan too. Shouldn't take me too long now I have a style going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment