Sunday 18 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #37


Finishing the Floor Plans
I have spent the past couple of hours finishing the floor plans for the Museum. I have already done the first and second floor plans (see previous blog post) and here are the floor plans for the third floor, basement and Lianna’s house areas of the game. As I didn’t actually mention the floor numbers in my previous post, I will repost all the floors together with titles so you can see them all together.  

Basment


Lianna’s House
(found inside the basement)


Floor 1


Floor 2


Floor 3



How to Read These Floor Plans
It was really hard to detail floor plans for our game as we haven't planned out the entire story. For example, we don’t know every puzzle or room associated with that puzzle, or where the important rooms are with key items. This is why I have put generic room names such as study room 1 and museum room 4 etc. I have also included rooms which are called possible puzzle room where there could be an important story/gameplay related progression puzzle inside. Again this is just an example. 

I have also put colour codes on some rooms to show how this might appear on an actual museum floor plan. The idea in game is that every floor will have a map (as if it were the normal museum) placed hanging up on a wall somewhere. The player will have to return to this area id they are lost or need to know where something is. However, there will be ways for the player to make their own map, more on this to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment