Friday 16 November 2012

BA4: Game Design Document #35


Museum Floor Plan Research
I am now moving onto designing the museum floor plan to give a better sense of scale for the reader of the design document. First of all, I need to research some actual floor plans. Here are some images I have found of museum floor plans which I can use to inspire my own design. There are a few things I still need to consider however, such as: 

The museum has 3 floors and a basement which I will need to factor into the floor plan. 

On each floor there is a "boss room" which we are 100% sure of, this  needs to be specified, however we aren't sure on other rooms so for now (and for the sake of the document) I'll label them with generic/standard room names such as "exhibition room 1". 

There is definitely a basement and this basement needs to have enough floor space to fit a house and woodland area around the outside. In theory, it will all be one room with a house inside.

The house might need to have its own floor plan too.    


No comments:

Post a Comment